Northpoint sessions at Drupalcon Chicago
There are only 3 days left to cast your votes for Drupalcon chicago, so in case you are lost in the vast amount of sessions and you did not have the time yet to vote, I would like to share with you the sessions proposed by my colleagues at Northpoint.
We recently have build some large traffic sites like Mens Health, Fitbie.msn.com, Eat This Not that, ... we are currently working on the Drupal version of More.com, and we are creating Mobile Drupal sites for AT&T and Johnson&Johnson. Personally I have dedicated a lot of time to the Mobile Tools module and I would like to share some of the concepts behind it.
This work results in tons of knowledge that we try to circulate within Northpoint, and that we try to present at Drupal Camps in New York. So we decided to not only be a Gold Sponsor, but also take the time and write a number of proposals for Drupalcon Chicago. Even if these sessions are not being selected, we value the process of defining topics that can be shared with other community members.
This is the list:
- My Platform Is Faster Than Yours (or maybe not): This session will talk about creating performant Drupal sites and will benchmark using performance metrics from load tests performed on: Drupal 6, PressFlow 6, Acquia Drupal 1.2, Drupal 7, WordPress 3, Joomla 1.5, eZ Publish 4.
- Project Management Strategies for Successful Drupal Projects: This presentation will give a project managers view on managing Drupal project. This is very relevant for people who take lead in Drupal projects.
- Using WYSIWYG Editors in a Microsoft Word World: This session is designed to help you navigate the tricky business of selecting a good WYSIWYG editor and configuring it so that its bulletproof, even from Word.
- Spice Up Your Spreadsheets: Using Views and CCK to Create an Awesome Web Site and Data Center: The title says it all...
- How to chose best base theme for your design and work with it.: This session is for the beginning themer who wants to learn about building Drupal themes.
- Making mobile websites with Drupal: In this session I will go into detail into the creation of mobile websites with Drupal. This will cover topics from project managment, UX design and testing.
- How to survive your first high profile Drupal project: Listen to this story if you want to get your feet wet in building high traffic sites!
See you in Chicago!